An 8-Month Storytelling "Course-in-a-Box" for Absolute Beginners
by Doug Lipman
Guaranteed to teach you to tell stories effectively and with ease - or I'll refund your complete purchase price AND pay you an extra $50 to compensate you for wasting your time! (You can't lose.)
What you will learn
This Toolkit will cover a lot of ground, but there is no fluff in it. You can expect to learn the key practical elements of the following subjects:
- Starting out as a storyteller, with no prior knowledge about the subject
- Learning a story without memorizing
- How to practice a story
- The five key tools for accellerating story development
- Four secrets for captivating your listeners
- The five main ways to be boring (and how to avoid them)
- Three tools for making your stories meaningful
- How to teach through your stories
- How to find, shape, and tell a life-experience story
- Taking a story off the printed page
- Adapting a folktale
- The "organic way" to grow a story from scratch
- Three keys to story structure
- Starting off your story
- Giving your story a satisfying conclusion
- The role of body language
- Expressing emotion in a story
- Creating character voices without straining your vocal cords
- Developing your storytelling imagination
- What to focus on while you're telling
- How to relate to your audience
- How to get helpful feedback obn your storytelling
- Dealing with "Performance Anxiety" and gaining confidence in your storytelling
- Where to find resources for advancing your storytelling beyond the basics.
Consider the Deluxe Edition—for even easier learning
To make doubly sure that you succeed, I'm offering you the option of the Deluxe version, which includes everything in the Regular version, but also:
- Written transcriptions of all eight recordings.
If you prefer to read (rather than listen to) the lessons and coaching calls, the Deluxe version lets you do so. Even if you listen to all the lessons (which I recommend), you'll find the transcriptions invaluable for note-taking and review.
- A certificate good for a half-hour, individual coaching call with me.
If there is some obstacle in your way, you can use that individual coaching call to blast through it.
I charge $110 for a 30-minute coaching call. Since the Deluxe version costs only an extra $5 each month ($40 in all), this is a no-brainer! One way to think of it is that you'll get coaching at a 64% discount—and over 150 pages of transcriptions free!
Hard Copy: The "CD and Notebook" Format
The original Beginning Storytelling Toolkit was online, only.
In response to your requests, I created a hard-copy version that includes, each month:
With your first issue, you'll receive a three-ring binder to organize all the above materials (Deluxe edition only).
- The recorded call for your current session on a CD.
- All of the lesson handouts, printed out in color.
- Complete transcriptions of the recording (Deluxe edition only).
In addition, you gain access to the forums and online assignments of the original online version, should you choose to use them.
The Monthly Version (Online or CD-and-Notebook formats)
The monthly version allows you to pay a modest amount each month—and be reminded of your next recording when it arrives in the mail (CD format) or when you get an email saying that you have access to the next online lesson (online format). (Would you prefer to receive all the sessions at once? Try the Complete Version.)
Further, you are free to cancel at any time—even your second month. I want you to be satisfied, so I'm happy to stop charging you and sending issues the moment you feel "done." At the same time, I believe strongly in the value of this Toolkit; once you listen to your first lesson, I believe you'll want to devour the whole Toolkit.
How Much Does This Cost?
The cost depends on whether you choose:
- Regular or Deluxe edition
- Online or CD-and-Notebook format
Here are the prices, per month:
Choose the format and edition that works best for you:
|Binder, CD, etc.
||$19.95 plus shipping1
||$24.95 plus shipping2
Shipping rates for the U.S. (international rates are available and depend on your country; please notice during the check-out process):
1$6.85 per month
2$6.85 per month
There is no shipping, of course, for the Online format.
(I also offer a complete version that lets you get this product all at once, for a discount.)
Please keep in mind that the Deluxe edition comes with $110 worth of individual coaching by telephone, plus over 150 pages of transcriptions (total for all 8 sessions).
How to Take Advantage of My Experience and My Guarantee
To take advantage of this, select your format below ("online" or "CD and Notebook"). Then select your edition (Regular or Deluxe). Then add this Toolkit to your cart and checkout. With all versions, you'll get online access to the first recording, a complete transcription (Deluxe edition only), interactive exercises, forums, and more. With the "CD and Notebook" version, you'll also get a 3-Ring Binder shipped to you with your first issue.
I promise that your communication—and therefore your life—will never be the same!
Yours in storytelling,
I am so confident of how I have learned to teach the basics of storytelling, that I will guarantee that you are satisfied. If you listen to the lessons and do the online exercises, you will learn to tell stories. You will gain the benefits I have described.
If, having use the Toolkit, you don't agree that you've learned to tell stories, just tell me. I'll refund every penny you paid. And I will pay you an extra $50, just to compensate you for having wasted your time!
“Doug is the ultimate story coach. By helping me think of story in images,
he has greatly improved my telling and writing. Whatever Doug offers is
worth the cost!”—Liz Kumru, Nebraska StoryArts & Publications Editor, University of Nebraska Medical Center
Looking for the Complete Version (all 8 sessions at once)? It's here.
|1. Choose your Edition:
|2. Choose your format: