A 2½-Hour Video Course by Doug Lipman
How To Grow Stories:
The Three Essential Processes
Have you noticed that most storytelling instruction treats stories as objects to be assembled (“Add one character with a problem, then stir in an obstacle, etc.”)—rather than as living things to be grown?
The problem with the “assembly model” is that it disables essential neurological processes that help us transfer experiences from our brains to the brains of our listeners.
Growing a Story
The story-growing process, on the other hand, engages complex, unconscious processes that have made storytelling the essential tool for the communication of human experience. In the “wild,” the story-growing process has two simple, usually unconscious processes.
But we can build on those processes to augment and accellerate them! That’s what I do in this video course: I don’t teach you recipes. Instead, I teach you how to consciously create the conditions in which your stories can grow naturally, with all their vitality and power.
What You Get
- Over 150 minutes of engaging video, divided into 15 lectures and lecture/demonstrations.
- Complete access to the video files, so you can watch on your computer, tablet, or phone—or even burn them to DVD to watch on your TV.
- The complete collection of audio files, for learning on the go, or reviewing after you’ve watched the videos.
- All the slides I use during the course, in case you want to study them with the audio, or later.
- Three assignments (optional), so you can put what you learn into practice immediately.
- Access to the online version on my private website. There, you can post your responses to the video lessons, view and comment on the assignments posted by others, and get my responses to your assignments, as well.
- A certificate for 30-minutes of individual phone coaching, at our mutual convenience. $95 value!
When Will This Be Available?
The course will be ready by January 2017. By purchasing this course now, you:
- Save over 50% on the price (normally: $97; your pre-purchase price: $47)
- Get $95 worth of coaching as a free bonus;
- Support the production of this course. (The course is already recorded, but video editing takes time and money). You’ll be helping me make this product available, not just to you, but to others around the world.
This course is guaranteed.
This is information I have learned over 40 years of teaching storytelling to professional performers, executives, self-employed professionals, educators, health-care workers, clergy, and many others.
I believe that I have learned to articulate this information in the clearest way it has ever been articulated.
If, for any reason, you attend the webinars and attempt the assignments but don't get everything I have promised here, I'll refund your tuition in full. No hassles, no guilt! I want you to be satisfied and succeed, whatever it takes.
How Much Will This Cost?
I’m willing to share these essential story-growing processes with you for just $97.
But for those who support the editing of this video course in advance, I will:
- Give a $50 discount. Your price is $47.
For those who take advantage of this early-bird offer, I will also include:
- A free coaching certificate for a 30-minute coaching session after the webinar, at our mutual convenience. This can be in-person, or via telephone, Skype, etc. and
- Access to the online-version of this course on my course website. This gives you my responses (and the responses of your fellow students) to your assignments and questions.
Your coaching certificate alone is worth $110! And it will not expire. You can use it to get just the help you need, at whatever point in your story-growing development that you decide you need it.
All told, you will get two and a half hours of efficient, engaging videos, a half-hour of private coaching, and my responses to your questions and assignments on the course website. This comes to at least 4 hours of my time and attention!
Consider that I charge $195 per hour for coaching. Four hours with me individually costs $880!
How to sign up for the pre-sale price:
- Add this product to your cart (using the "Add to Cart" button at the lower right), then follow the prompts for checking out.
- When the video course becomes available, I'll send you instructions for logging in to the course website and for retrieving your video files.
Yours in storytelling,
"When my hand-picked crew of international coaches was about to begin a critical mission, I chose Doug Lipman to help train them further!"—Cheryl de Ciantis, former director, Center for Creative Leadership, Brussels
Cheryl de Ciantis, Owner at Kairios Group and former director, Center for Creative Leadership, Brussels, Belgium