The Storytelling Dream Life - and How to Keep It from Being a Nightmare.
Recording - 2 cassettes, 2 CD's or 4 mp3 files - 102 minutes.
Live Recording of a Telephone Seminar by Doug Lipman!
In this recording, Doug Lipman, a professional storyteller for nearly 30 years, shares the principals and techniques that have helped him increase his energy and passion for his work, his sense of balance and integration, and his gratitude for earning a good living while having a great time.
"Not just food for thought . . . A whole banquet of ideas!" - Nancy Camp, professional actor, producer and storyteller, Arlington, VA
You can have the life you want. This seminar teaches you seven principles and countless practical tips for uniting your passion and your living. You will learn:
- How not to fall for the fallacies our society strews like sink-holes on our path.
- How to let your passion be your guide - so that you have plenty of energy for the long haul.
- How to find a niche that uses your talents while making your marketing easier.
- How to do "administrivia" without strain.
- Three kinds of buddies who will make sure you keep your life on course.
- How to create a life that works for you - given your unique abilities, experiences, predilections and needs.
- How to create sequential deadlines to get your work done without fretting.
- How to use the ways you get in trouble as a "secret trick" for getting your work done easily.
- How to build your marketing on relationships, not on "selling."
- And much more!
"The seminar was so helpful. Since then, I have focused more on my passions. I have turned down a large project that seemed good at first, but would have taken me away from what I really want to do. The seminar has helped focus my desire to pursue storytelling full-time." - Millie Jackson, professor, librarian, storyteller, Grand Rapids, MI
You will not only benefi t from the "dream-life" secrets I share here, you will learn from the 15 others who joined the live seminar and contributed to this recording. You'll hear their questions and realizations, as well as my interactive coaching - as they solve problems that lurk around the corner for any successful storyteller.
"It has given me a new resolve and a new direction to put my energy." - Lois Lew, weaver and storyteller, Sharon MA
"I cannot tell you, as a result of one insight alone, what a difference the workshop has made for me. I am enjoying everything I do now, from performances to the enormous amount of time I must spend on the new projects. Thank you, really, thank you!" - Judy Gail, professional storyteller, Miami, FL
"The message I took with me is that what I want to do is possible. The seminar came just as I finished my CD. Since then I have been inspired to get a gig at the Thunderbird bookstore in Carmel. This is what I have wanted since I moved here four years ago. Thank you." - Marion Besmehn, storyteller, Carmel CA